The Eastern Sierra Nevada Range in California is a land of immense beauty with many diverse and unique landscapes. It’s remote location, set well away from California’s large cities, provides the perfect setting for both day and night photography. Kevin called this area home for many years and found it to be richly rewarding. Join us as we explore this beautiful part of the Sierra Nevadas!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Participants will have the opportunity to photograph a diverse range of landscapes during this workshop. We will be visiting the Alabama Hills, Lone Pine with its famous ancient bristlecone pines, Mono Lake, the Owen’s Valley and areas around Mammoth Lakes. Participants will have the opportunity to photograph the area during the day and in some locations, under the stars and the Milky Way. This will provide you with all the best the Eastern Sierras have to offer in order to give you the best possible photos you can get!
*** Please Note: Some light hiking through uneven terrain is required to access some of the locations on this trip.
Wednesday, July 11 – Meet and Greet followed by an early dinner and our first photography session.
Thursday, July 12 – Saturday, July 14 – We will remain flexible each day as to the specific locations we will be visiting depending upon weather, cloud cover, etc. On some days we will have both sunrise and sunsets sessions and on others we may only have late-afternoon and sunset sessions depending on which nights we spend out shooting stars and how late we are out. Throughout, we will be breaking during the day for meals and will also have photo editing and critique sessions.
Sunday, July 15 – We will have a final sunrise session followed by a final critique and finish by 10AM to get ready for hotel check out.
- Daily personalized one-on-one instruction with Tina and Kevin in the field, post-processing classroom instruction and constructive critiques.
- Transportation during the workshop to workshop shooting locations.
- Water and snacks.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare to and from the area. The closest large city airports are Reno, NV, Las Vegas, NV and Los Angeles, CA.
- Transportation between the airport and your hotel.
- Hotel lodging. We will be based in two towns during this workshop. June 22 and 23 will be based in Bishop, CA and June 24 and 25 will be based in Mammoth Lakes, CA.
- Daily meals and beverages.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- DSLR or Mirrorless Camera.
- Lenses ranging from wide angle to telephoto, 14mm-200mm are all useful.
- Filters (polarizer, split neutral density, etc.). These are not mandatory but helpful.
- Sturdy Tripod.
- Laptop with Photoshop (trail versions are usually available if you don’t already have photoshop.)
- Flashlight or headlamp, preferably with a red light.
- Sturdy walking shoes.
A deposit of 50% of the workshop price is due upon registration and is non-refundable or you can choose to pay the total amount up front. Final Payment is due 30 days prior to the workshop event. If the final payment is not made by the due date your space will be forfeited.